Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We have an 'Artist' In The Family.....kind of


So, I received this email yesterday from my dear friend Holly, who is an
amazing artist. She's been painting, drawing, sketching her entire life. I'd
like to think of myself as a lover of art, dabbling in drawing, sketching &
painting. I did take Art 1 in college and loved it and created some nice
drawings. It's been a goal and also a NY's resolution to get back into it
again. Well, apparently my time has come! Holly is encouraging me to
do this Art Auction with her...deadline is less than one week. I have to
create 2 monoprints, drawings or sketches on paper, unframed, in the
next 5 days!! Talk about lighting a fire under my a$$! AAHHHH! I'm
heading to the art store today and I'm challenging myself!! Wish me luck!

It's scheduled for next Saturday, Feb 13th from 7-10pm. For more info
go here.

click here to go to IAO's website


photograph taken at 2008 MoneyTalk$



No comments:

Popular Posts