I had to bust out my 'to-do' list for you
{In no particular order}
~have a garage sale here in the next month or so and clean out the garage...again
~can some salsa
~bake homemade bread in my breadmaker
~make baby food next week for Ava's 4 month birthday
~still searching for the perfect patio furniture
~family portraits next month in the park or the backyard
~go on a harley trip somewhere for a couple of days with Conor before it gets too chilly
~we talked about Chicago in September????
~paint/redo a few pieces of my Grandmother's furniture for the girls' room
~finish Audrey's baby book and start on Ava's
~finish my latest baby girl onesies line to sell on Etsy
~Junior League starts up this month. Very excited to be involved in Cultural Literacy this year, doing arts and crafts and teaching kids about different cultures
~Attending a wedding in Boone, North Carolina in November. I'll get to see where Conor tore up the town in his college days and meet old college friends
~Also attending another wedding in Atlanta in November and staying for Thanksgiving
~take an oil painting class
~finish Audrey's Christmas stocking that I started last year & start a new one for Miss Ava
~Christmas in Oklahoma this year
~Potty Training (Audrey has gone potty 3 times this week in her potty chair. Yes, I did a potty dance for her :) .......you have to
~Plan Audrey's 2nd birthday party (OMG...will she really be 2??? Probably an Elmo theme, she's in love)
~new stove & dishwasher....so old they're breaking (knobs and buttons flying off in the middle of cooking and cleaning)
~keep a journal of Ava's 1st milestones to put in her baby book
~lose baby weight
~frame black & white family pictures for the hallway
......and my number one dream is to not be so busy with the hustle and bustle of life that I don't stop & take in the simple moments of everyday. It's easy to do, I believe, as a woman trying to mutli-task and keep life and your family in order. For me, I'm guilty of leading a fast-paced life and rushing from one thing to the next. I tell myself I can enjoy this or that when the kitchen is cleaned, when the garage is organized, or when the laundry is done [hello, that's never]. Sometimes I miss out on those simple "moments" because of my busyness. I also get distracted with the next great thing to fulfill what I think is a need but 99% of the time is just a want. Whether it's the fabric I want for my curtains in the living room or a sale I might miss at the store. I know I have to remind myself on a weekly basis. Stop and smell the roses, literally!
How often do you find yourself absolutely content just in the moment? Seriously. I'm talking about truly appreciating something simple and feeling a sense of peace & happiness.
I'm going to work on letting go and appreciating more simple moments. Recent moments I've loved...
1. Husband & I on our patio sipping wine and admiring our [finally finished] backyard and garden
2. Bathtime with Audrey and doing the potty dance together
3. Ava laying on my chest, holding her head up and telling me the most amazing story [in baby jabber]
Now it's your turn.....what are some things that bring you a feeling of contentment?
2 comments:
Hey! My hubby also went to college in N Carolina. Small world....Matt played baseball for UNC Charlette (?sp)
Oh how crazy. It is a small world. Conor went to Appalachian. Conor loved it because of all the outdoor things you can do. If he even tries to get me to camp, I'm outta there.
Post a Comment