Thursday, March 17, 2011

Audrey's 'Big Girl' Bedroom Inspiration

My project this week is to find Audrey a 'big girl' bed. She was 2 in January and I'm thinking it's a good age for the transition. This is my inspiration photo and I'm drooling over it! The bed is so stunning as well as the white ruffle bedding so all week I've been on the look out for something very similar. I love the subtle hint of blue and green on the 2 pieces of furniture. I know I sure would have sweet dreams here.
And I found it!!! At least I thought I did. I searched craigslist for an antique bed and this is what I found!!! It's PERFECT!!! And a steal for $165! Well I made arrangements to have Conor pick it up on his way out of town since he was heading to Dallas this week anyway. Sounds too good to be true, huh? Well it was. The gentleman who owns the antique shop in Garland, TX hadn't updated his website in a week, so the bed sold on Saturday. I got my hopes up so high and was pretty bummed when I heard the news. So the search continues. :(
Another inspiration pic.... Love the quilt from Pottery Barn but I think I like the white ruffled comforter more.
Target has the bedding I have my eye on
I would love to continue on with the Shabby Chic theme and the color scheme all white and incorporate pops of color with accessories.
How pretty is that turquoise bed....
I found these pillows on Etsy and thought they were so fun & chic. Not really a fan of the actual pillow, but the fabric flowers is what drew me to this. And that would be so easy to make.
Off to hit up some antique shops...Wish me luck, apparently I'm gonna need it. :)

1 comment:

Muddy Dump Trucks & Stilettos said...

I love your blog! Your decorating taste is fabulous! The big girl room will be gorgeous!

Popular Posts