Monday, October 4, 2010

Homemade Baby Food

I can't believe it's that time already. Ava's 1st taste of real food. I got busy in the kitchen last week doing all the prep work to whip up her vegetables. It literally took me all morning, but I made enough to last for a month. The 1st helping she will have will be vegetables and then fruit. You're supposed to do the bitter before the sweet. Makes sense huh?
~Zucchini, squash, carrots, green beans, spaghetti squash, and acorn squash~
My beloved Babycook from Williams Sonoma. My mom~in~law got this for me last year when Audrey was eating pureed foods & I love it so much because it does it all!! It's a steamer, blender, warmer and defroster all in one! It steams veggies, fruits, fish & meat in less than 15 minutes, preserving vitamins and flavors. Do I sound like an infomercial yet?
These nifty little containers make the whole process a snap. After you freeze them, you just pop them out for easy storage. You can find them here.
Store them in the freezer until you're ready to use them, and then defrost one serving at a time.
The cook book provides wonderful recipes to help your child develop good eating habits.
Tonight, this big girl will have her first taste of green beans.
An exciting milestone to check off the list. {sniff, sniff}

No comments:

Popular Posts